Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Clean Out the Pantry Days 4-7

Okay. So I sort of cheated for the latter half of my Clean Out the Pantry week.

Day 4, Thursday: I had Chipotle for lunch at 3pm so I knew I wouldn't be hungry come dinner time. When I got home from town, I threw together a quick tuna salad (tuna, eggs, light Miracle Whip) and threw it in the refrigerator. I'm not a big fan, but my husband loves the stuff. He had some on toast for dinner and finished it up with crackers for breakfast on Saturday. Yes, tuna for breakfast. Weirdo. :)

Day 5, Friday: My husband ended up having to work really late Friday night and ended up staying out of town because he also had to work Saturday. I never really got hungry enough to sit down to a meal so I just fixed a quick PB&J sandwich and called it a day.

Day 6, Saturday: The last time we went out to dinner alone, as a couple, was for our anniversary back in March. That streak was broken on Saturday when we dropped the baby off at my sister-in-law's house and headed to a nearby steakhouse.

Day 7, Sunday: Pizza for dinner. Enough said. It wasn't that I didn't want to cook and it's pretty unheard of for us to eat out once a week, let alone twice. We were both just hungry for it and there were coupons in Sunday's paper.

I'm still calling Clean Out the Pantry Week 1 a huge success. Here's a list of all the things we used up from the pantry, refrigerator, garden and freezer:


  • 6 tomatoes from our garden
  • can of dark red kidney beans
  • bag of croutons
  • large sirloin steak
  • package of organic hearts of romaine lettuce
  • bag of shredded 2% cheddar cheese
  • leftover coleslaw
  • box of reduced sodium Stove Top stuffing
  • 1.5 lb. package of pork chops
  • 1 onion
  • box of long grain & wild rice
  • 19oz. bag of shrimp
  • 1 lime
  • 3 cans of tuna
  • 2 eggs

1 comment:

  1. Woah! Great job! We ended up cheating a little bit too. I like your idea of listing out what you used! I will steal that tomorrow when I post. :)

    ReplyDelete