I made these delicious bars for a family get-together yesterday. They were an extreme hit! My uncle (who is a total foodie) absolutely RAVED about them the entire day. You would have thought we gave him a million bucks when we put the 4 leftover bars on a plate and gave them to him before we left. My aunt messaged me on Facebook yesterday to get the recipe and said he hasn't stopped talking about them. Little does he know that these are the world's easiest and quickest dessert to make. They're yummy cold, but still taste great at room temperature which makes them a great idea for potlucks and picnics.
- two (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- two (8 ounce) packages of crescent rolls (I used the seamless sheets.)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan or baking dish with non-stick spray
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk & vanilla. Mix well.
- Unroll 1 can of dough, press into bottom of the pan. Top with cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk egg white. Unroll second can of dough & place on top of cream cheese mixture. Brush top of pastry with the egg white.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon. Sprinkle over pastry.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Makes 36 squares, but no one can eat just one. :)