Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Clean Out the Pantry Day 3: Garlic & Jalapeno Shrimp


Last night I made the Garlic & Jalapeno Shrimp from the May 2010 issue of Martha Stewart Living . I had everything to make it except for the jalapeno pepper which I picked up at the grocery last week for 38 cents. Bank breaker right there ladies and gentlemen. :)

My husband and I both liked it. A lot. I'll definitely be making this one again.




On the side, we ate this seasoned rice that's been taking up space in the pantry since I got it free with a coupon.



The recipe also specified to "Serve with cold beer." I'm not gonna argue with Martha so...


Grocery Update: This morning I did my menu planning for next week and discovered that I could easily do another week of cooking with what we already have. I went to the grocery today and only spent $10 on ingredients for those meals. It would have been less, but my husband specially requested a dish. I have the chicken and the sour cream, but had to purchase the rest.

The only others things I bought were bread, produce, beer and things for my husbands lunches next week. All of these are things we will consume in a week.

My credit card was very, very happy. It was also nice not having to unload 2,000 bags of groceries and spend an hour putting everything away.

2 comments:

  1. *high five*

    That meal looks so good! And I have that same box of rice taking up space in my pantry too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your clean out your pantry challenge, and hope you don't mind if I start one myself. LOL. I've seen this done many times, and always thought oh how fun, but never really did it. Well if you can do it, then I can too. We are both newbies, but hey lets check up on each other to see how its going. Love what you're doing so far.

    http://bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete