Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: 8/8 - 8/14

I'm taking a little break from Fair Week posts today to share my menu with you for this week. Don't worry! I'll be sharing more projects starting again tomorrow. I know you're on the edge of your seat. :)

I do have a quick update on my photography entries. My black & white still-life photo (the petunia) got 5th place and my animal picture (the penguin) earned 3rd place! There were SO MANY photos entered in the department and I just felt happy to have my works displayed.



Okay. Now for my weekly menu. It's another week of feeding just Peanut and I for dinner Monday through Thursday. Lunches will be leftovers or salad.

Monday: Linguini with Zucchini and Chickpeas (didn't get to this one last week)

Tuesday: Chicken Salad Wraps, Lima Beans

Wednesday: Weight Watchers Capellini

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: Taco Night with loads of toppings

Saturday: Husband's Company Party - catering by Schmidt's Sausage Haus

Sunday: BLTs, salad

* * * * * * *

Recipe Reviews:

Last week I made two new-to-me dishes, both things I found on Pinterest.

Asian Noodle Salad from Pioneer Woman - This was pretty good. I think it'd be a good dish to take to a potluck. I subbed snow peas in place of one of the bell peppers and I used whole wheat linguini. The sauce had great flavor, but it was a little too oily for my taste. 

Greek-Style Egg Rolls with Garlic-Dill Dipping Sauce - These were really good and very easy to assemble. The shrimp makes them pretty rich, though. I ate two of them for dinner with a side salad and was definitely full. I think they'd make a better party food than they did a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment