Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: 8/29 - 9/4


Can you smell it? Can you feel it? FALL IS COMING!!! Saturday evening we built a fire in the outdoor fire pit and guess what I was wearing? Jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. It was wonderful. Summer is alright, but fall is definitely my favorite time of year.

Three days of my menu this week (Fri-Sun) have been planned for our camping trip. I'm excited for the little get-away and the long weekend means an extra day we get to spend with DH.

Monday: Bangin' Good Shrimp, whole wheat couscous, lima beans
NOTE: I know I'm *supposed* to be doing meatless Monday, but I'm swapping it for Tuesday this week. :)
Tuesday: Chipotle (Vegetarian Bowl)

Wednesday: Turkey Burgers, Baked Potato

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: (at camp) Foil Dinners

Saturday: (at camp) Smoked Pork & Turkey, Cole Slaw, Baked Black Beans, Pasta Salad, Veggie Tray and whatever other sides people bring

Sunday: wedding reception BBQ

In addition to our meals for the week, I'm also going to be making a freezer meal for our new pastor and his family. They're moving in this week and we want to make sure they have at least one week of heat & eat meals. I'm still not 100% sure what to make since I've never met them and don't really know their tastes. So far I know others are doing baked ziti and ingredients for tacos.

Any ideas for other freezer meals that would be a hit with any crowd?

No comments:

Post a Comment